The KG-UV6X is a compact, high-performance dual band handheld commercial transceiver providing up to 5 Watts of RF power on VHF and 4 Watts on UHF, along with high audio output (500 mW).
Ideal for Fire, Police, FEMA, CAP, security patrols, business communications, schools, construction crews, universities, and other organizations that have FCC licensed frequencies. 2.5 step for FCC narrowband compliance. FCC Part 90 certified.
Frequency Range of 136-174, 375-512 MHz, FM: 76-108 MHz (RX). 136-174, 406-512 (TX).
The KG-UV6X features a long operating time (about 16 hours), thanks to the standard extended life 1700 mAh high capacity Li-ion battery pack.
Commercial radios are shipped keyboard locked per FCC 47CFR90.203 and require software programming via the optional low cost USB programming cable.
KG-UV6X Model Features
The newest model to the Wouxun lineup features an exclusive wide receive range coverage (136-174 MHz & 375-512 MHz), Dual-slot rapid charger (a $25 value), the optional 1700 mAh Li-ion battery pack standard (a $28 value) and additional features including:
- Exclusive wide receive range (136-174 MHz & 375-512 MHz)New!
- Dual-slot rapid charger can charge the radio and a spare battery at the same time! New!
- 2.5 step for FCC narrowband compliance New!
- 200 memory channels
- Standard SMA antenna connector
- RPT: Additional programmable multifunctional key. Can change shift direction or reverse frequency, or activate fm radio, lamp, stopwatch or alarm.
- Channel selector knob works when the keyboard is locked
- The single/dual band key can be software programmed on/off
The KG-UV6X is FCC narrow band certified for commercial use. CE & FCC Part 90 certified, FCC ID: WVTWOUXUN07
Civil Air Patrol (CAP) Approval
The KG-UV6X and the KG-UV3X are TIA/EIA 603C compliant and listed under Commercial (Narrowband Capable) Equipment Report
Powerwerx Warranty Policy
- 12 month limited warranty on the radio against defects in materials and workmanship
- 6 month limited warranty on the included radio battery and battery charger against defects in materials and workmanship
Standard Accessories Included with Every Radio
- Dual band radio
- Dual band antenna (4 inch rubber duck type with standard SMA connector)
- Extended life 1700 mAh high capacity li-ion battery pack (about 16 hours operating time)
- Dual-slot intelligent desktop 2 1/2 hour rapid charger
- Desktop charger AC power cord
- Belt clip
- Wrist strap
- English user manual
- Programming software (Free Download)
- Dual band monitor (VHF/UHF, VHF/VHF, UHF/UHF)
- Dual alpha numeric, backlit display with channel name edit
- Selectable high/low power settings (VHF: 5W high/1W low) (UHF: 4W high/1W low)
- Includes extended life 1700 mAh high capacity li-ion battery as standard
- Includes intelligent desktop 3 hour rapid charger
- Loud speaker audio output (500 mW)
- Bright flashlight illumination function
- Meets IP55 waterproof rating
- English female voice prompts enable non-sighted operation (can be turned off)
- 199 channels memories (shared), 2 VFO memories, 18 FM memories
- VOX Function
- Digital FM radio (76-108MHz) with automatic tuning and storing, radio frequency display, 18 FM memories in 2 banks
- Narrowband compliance (2.5 kHz)
- Power on display: show battery voltage, 6-character customizable welcome message, or display test
- Windows PC programmable, free software available for download. Optional low cost cable (SKU: WXUSB) required.
- Radio to radio cloning with optional cable (SKU: WXCLN)
- Same channel: VHF TX & UHF RX or UHF TX & VHF RX available
- 105 groups DCS/50 groups CTCSS
- 16-Key DTMF encoding
- CTCSS encode/Decode (no decode delay)
- Stopwatch function
- SOS function
- Low-voltage voice prompt
- Busy channel lockout
- Selectable transmit over timer (from 15 to 600 seconds)
- Selectable step sizes of 2.5, 5, 6.25, 10, 12.5, 25 kHz
- Multiple scan modes including priority scan
- Keypad lock (auto or manual)
- Programmable by computer
- High contrast white backlit keypad. All keys are backlit (except A/B, S/D & RPT)
|Frequency Receive Range||VHF: 136-174 MHz|
UHF: 375-512 MHz
FM: 76-108 MHz
|Frequency Transmit Range||VHF: 136-174 MHz|
UHF: 406-512 MHz
|Memory Channels||199 channels (shared)|
|Operating Voltage||7.4 VDC|
|Operating Temperature||-22°F to 140°F (-30°C to +60°C)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||2.6 x 4.7 x 1.6 inches (65 x 119 x 39.5mm) (without antenna)|
|Weight||8.9 ounces (253 grams)|
|RF Carrier Power||VHF: 5W high/1W low, UHF: 4W high/1W low|
|Audio Output Power||500mW maximum|
|Waterproof Rating||Meets IP55 waterproof rating|