The Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC charger is a professional DC to DC adaptive 3-stage charger with built-in Bluetooth.
For use in dual battery systems in vehicles or on boats where the (smart) alternator and the start battery are used to charge the service battery. The unit can be monitored and programmed via Bluetooth and can be remotely controlled via a remote on/off switch and has an engine running detection mechanism.
The Orion-Tr Smart charger can be used in 12V or 24V systems and is suitable for both lead acid and lithium batteries. Models are available up to 400W and unlimited multiple units can be connected in parallel to increase output power.
Suitable for high temperatures up to 55°C with a full rated output up to 40°C.
Bluetooth Smart enabled Any Bluetooth enabled smart phone, tablet or other device can be used to monitor, to change settings and to update the charger when new software features become available.
- Battery charge algorithm (configurable) or fixed output.
- Smart alternator compatibility: engine running detection mechanism.
Adaptive 3-stage charge algorithm: bulk – absorption – float
• For lead acid batteries it is important that during shallow discharges the absorption time is kept short in order to prevent overcharging of the battery. After a deep discharge the absorption time is automatically increased to make sure that the battery is completely recharged.
• For lithium batteries absorption time is fixed, default 2 hours.
• Alternatively, a fixed output voltage can be chosen.
Suitable for use in vehicles with a smart alternator (Euro 5 and Euro 6 engines) The built-in engine shutdown detection will stop the converter when the engine is not running. This prevents unwanted discharge of the starter battery (see manual for details).
Remote on-off A remote on/off switch or relay contact can be connected to a two-pole connector. Alternatively, the H terminal (right) of the two-pole connector can be switched to battery plus, or the L terminal (left) of the two pole connector can be switched to battery minus (or the chassis of a vehicle, for example).
All models are short circuit proof and can be paralleled to increase output current An unlimited number of units can be connected in parallel.
High temperature protected The output current will reduce at high ambient temperature.
IP43 protection When installed with the screw terminals oriented downwards.
Screw terminals No special tools needed for installation.
Input fuse (not replaceable)
- Input voltage range: 8-17V
- Under voltage shut down: 7V
- Under voltage restart: 7.5V
- Nominal output voltage: 12.2V
- Output voltage adjust range: 10-15V
- Output voltage tolerance: +/- 0.2 V
- Output noise: 2 mV rms
- Cont. output current at nominal output voltage and 40 °C: 18A
- Maximum output current (10s) at nominal output voltage: 25A
- Short circuit output current: 40A
- Cont. output power at 25 °C: 280W
- Cont. output power at 40 °C: 220W
- Efficiency: 87%
- No load input current: < 80 mA
- Standby current: Less than 1mA
- Galvanic isolation: 200 VDC between input, output and case
- Operating temperature range: -20 to +55 °C (derate 3 % per °C above 40 °C)
- Humidity: Max. 95 % non-condensing
- DC connection: Screw terminals
- Maximum cable cross-section: 6AWG (16 mm²)
- Weight 3 lb (1.3kg)
- Dimensions )HxWxD): 5.1 x 7.3 x 2.8 inch (130 x 186 x 70 mm)
- Protection category: IP43 (electronic components), IP22 (connection area)
- Safety: EN 60950
- Emission / Immunity: EN 61000-6-3, EN 55014-1 / EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-6-1, EN 55014-2
- Automotive Directive: ECE R10-5