Bluetooth Smart The wireless solution to monitor voltage and current, to change settings and to update the charger when new features become available.
High efficiency With up to 94 % efficiency, these chargers generate up to four times less heat when compared to the industry standard. And once the battery is fully charged, power consumption reduces to 0.5 Watt, some five to ten times better than the industry standard.
Adaptive 6-stage charge algorithm: test - bulk – absorption - recondition – float – storage The Blue Smart Charger features a microprocessor controlled ‘adaptive’ battery management. The adaptive feature will automatically optimize the charging process relative to the way the battery is being used.
Fully programmable charge algorithm Absorption, Float and Storage voltages as well as the Recondition setting and the temperature compensation value can be programmed with the Bluetooth app. After enabling the Expert mode, the app allows changing practically all parameters and time limits used by the charge algorithm.
Storage Mode: less maintenance and aging when the battery is not in use The storage mode kicks in whenever the battery has not been subjected to discharge for 24 hours. In the storage mode float voltage is reduced to 2.2 V/cell (13.2 V for a 12 V battery) to minimize gassing and corrosion of the positive plates. Once a week the voltage is raised back to the absorption level to ‘equalize’ the battery. This feature prevents stratification of the electrolyte and sulfation, which are major causes of early battery failure.
Also charges Li-ion batteries Li-ion batteries are charged with a simple bulk – absorption – float algorithm.
Fully discharged battery recovery function Will initiate charging even if the battery has been discharged to zero volts. Will reconnect to a fully discharged Li-ion battery with internal disconnect function.
NIGHT and LOW setting When in NIGHT or LOW mode, the output current is reduced to max. 50 % of the nominal output and the charger will be totally noiseless. The NIGHT mode automatically ends after 8 hours. The LOW mode can be ended manually.
Protected against overheating Output current will reduce as temperature increases up to 50 °C, but the Blue Smart Charger will not fail.
Eleven LEDs for status indication Charge algorithm: TEST / BULK / ABSORPTION / RECONDITION / FLOAT / STORAGE / READY. MODE button to set: NORMAL (14.4 V) / HIGH (14.7 V) / RECONDITION / LI-ION.
Forty cycle history log The history screen contains historical usage data over the charger’s lifetime and detailed statistics for the last 40 charge cycles.
VE.Smart Networking The VE.Smart Network is a wireless device to device (D2D) communication network between Victron products, using Bluetooth Smart.
Optional battery voltage and temperature compensation, and current sensing The VE.Smart Network opens the possibility to optimize the charge process: a Smart Battery Sense, Smart Battery Monitor or a SmartShunt can be used to communicate battery voltage and temperature to one or more battery chargers. A Smart Battery Monitor or SmartShunt will also communicate battery current.
Synchronized parallel charging Synchronize up to ten battery chargersin a VE.Smart network to make them charge a battery as if they were one large charger. The chargers will synchronize the charge algorithm between them. They will simultaneously switch from one charge state to another, for example from bulk to absorption. Synchronized parallel charging has several interesting advantages:
- Redundancy: if one charger stops for whatever reason, the other chargers will continue to operate.
- Flexibility: simply add a charger to the network if more current is needed.
- Cost: several low power chargers will in general cost less than one high power charger.
- Installation: several low power chargers may be easier to fit in a confined space.
- Input Voltage: 100-130VAC
- Charge Current, normal mode: 15/20/30A
- Charge Current, NIGHT or LOW: 7.5/10/15A
- Efficiency: 93%
- No load power consumption: 0.5W
- Frequency: 45-65Hz
- Number of Outputs: 1
- Charge Voltage 'Absorbtion': Normal 14.4V, High 14.7V, Li-Ion 14.2V
- Charge Voltage 'Float': Normal 13.8V, High 13.8V, Li-Ion 13.5V
- Charge Voltage 'Storage': Normal 13.2V, High 13.2V, Li-Ion 13.5V
- Charge Algorithm: 6-Stage Adaptive
- Can be used as a Power Supply: Yes
- Protection: Battery reverse polarity (Fused), Open short circuit, and Over temperature
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to +60°C (full rated output up to 40°C)
- Humidity (non-condesning): Max 98%
- Material & Color: Aluminium (blue RAL 5012)
- Battery Connection: Screw Terminals 16mm² / 6AWG
- 120VAC Connection: 6 foot cable with US NEMA 5-15 Plug
- Protection Category: IP22
- Weight: 3lbs (1.3kg)
- Dimensions : 9.7" H x 4.3" W x 2.6" D (235mm x 108mm x 65mm)
- Safety: EN 60335-1, EN 60335-2-29
- Emission: EN 55014-1, EN 61000-6-3, EN 61000-3-2
- Immunity: EN 55014-2, EN 61000-6-1, EN 61000-6-2, EN 61000-3-3
- Automotive: ECE R10-5