The Integrated Power System (IPS) is a unique multifunction power supply which incorporates built-in battery back-up and numerous power accessories within a single 2RU (3.5") chassis, thus eliminating time-consuming system integration, component sourcing and installation, while saving precious rack space--ideal for any low-to-medium power application requiring AC fault tolerant operation.
A precision regulated power supply/charger, back-up battery, low voltage battery disconnect, output metering, LED status and Form C alarm contacts are all pre-wired and calibrated within the unit for plug-and-play operation. Plug-in terminals are provided for easy wiring of an additional parallel rectifier input, or external batteries for increased back-up capacity.
The batteries are always in-line with the load, thus there is no interruption from relays or transfer switches in the event of AC loss. Batteries are recharged when AC is restored. A manual battery disconnect switch allows internal or external battery service or replacement while the system is running. Models available for -48, +24 and +12 volt applications.
• Precision regulated power supply simultaneously maintains batteries at peak charge and supplies
• Built-in batteries instantly power load during AC failure--no switch-over delay. 3-5 year average life.
Terminals provided for additional external batteries for increased back-up capacity.
• Terminals provided for easy addition of parallel rectifier. (48V and 24V models only)
• Automatic low voltage and manual battery disconnect.
• Numerous front panel monitors--L.E.D. status indicators and digital ammeter/voltmeter.
• Form C summary failure alarm contacts; loss of internal rectifier output, loss of external rectifier
output, LVBD contactor open. AC input failure alarm contacts optional.
• Numerous protection features--AC input breaker, internal battery breaker, auto thermal
shutdown/recovery, current-limiting, short-circuit and over-voltage protection.
• 19" or 23", 6” forward rackmount brackets provided
@ Full Load
115 / 230
|IPS 48-11||11 / 5.5||54.4||40-60 VDC||40 Amps||5 A-H||Positive||Positive|
|IPS 24-22||11 / 5.5||27.2||20-30 VDC||40 Amps||10 A-H||Negative||Negative|
|IPS 12-40||11 / 5.5||13.6||10-15 VDC||N/A||20 A-H||Negative||Negative|
Input Range (switch selectable):
115V = 92-130 VAC
230V = 184-260 VAC
Frequency: 47-63 Hz
Voltage/Amperage: See Matrix above
Maximum Load with External Rectifier and Battery Inputs: 40 amps
Regulation: Line: ± 1 %, Load: ± 2 %
Ripple: ± 1 %
Power Scaling via Back Panel Quick Connects
External Rectifier Input: 24V, 48V only; 560 or 1,000 watt
External Battery Bank: 12V/24V/48V
Temperature Rating: -10° to + 60° C; Derate linearly from 100% load @ 50° C to 75% @ 60° C
Rack Size: 19" or 23", 2 RU (3.5")
Cooling: Forced Air
Dimensions: 3.5"H x 17"W x 18"D
Weight: 33 Lbs. (with batteries), 17 Lbs. (without batteries)
• Current Limit, Short Circuit
• Over Voltage
• Auto Thermal Shutdown/Recovery
• Input Fuse and Circuit Breaker
• Circuit Breaker For Internal Battery
• Low Voltage Battery Disconnect (Adjustable)
Type: 12 Volt, 5 A-H Sealed Lead-Acid, Maintenance-Free
Amp-Hour Capacity: See Matrix below
Weight: 4 Lbs. each; 4 Batteries per Unit
Approvals: UL Recognized, DOT and IATA, approved for shipment by air
Constant Current Performance (Amps) to 1.75 VPC
|MODEL||5 MIN.||15 MIN.||30 MIN.||1 HR.||2 HRS.|
Indicators and Alarms
System "Nominal" indicator lights:
• AC OK
• External Rectifier ON/OK*
• Internal Rectifier On/OK
• Battery Contactor Closed
System "Warning" indicator lights:
• Check System
• Battery Disconnected
Form C Alarm Contacts:
• Summary Failure
• AC Input Failure (Optional)