The LVD-35 is compact and designed to fit almost anywhere. Its waterproof construction is ideal for all 12V mobile or base station type battery systems. User selectable settings for low voltage disconnect of: 10.6, 10.8, 11.0, 11.2, 11.4, 11.6, 11.8, 12.0, 12.1, 12.2 VDC. The LVD-35 will automatically reconnect batteries when the voltage reaches 12.8V or higher.
The LVD-35 should be installed in between the 12V battery and the DC load. Typically, the load is a two-way mobile radio, mobile computer and other vehicle DC electronics. Standard installation involves installing the LVD-35 in between the battery and the DC feed side of the radio using the supplied ring terminals. When installing the LVD-35, you need to connect (positive and negative DC power IN & positive and negative DC power OUT).
Rotary Switch Settings
User selectable LVD settings can be adjusted to one of the following low voltage disconnect settings (10.6, 10.8, 11.0, 11.2, 11.4, 11.6, 11.8, 12.0, 12.1, 12.2 VDC).
Emergency Override Switch
An extra ring terminal position (AUX) is located next to the LED lights. By momentary applying 12V to this terminal (with a user supplied switch) it will automatically override the LVD disconnect condition and give you an additional 15 minutes of use for emergency operation.
Over Voltage Protection
Over Voltage Protection is included in the LVD-35 unit. Should the LVD-35 ever receive a voltage of 16.5 volts or higher, the unit will automatically shut off protecting the electronics connected on the load side of your unit. Once the voltage drops to 15.0 volts or less the LVD-35 will turn back ON.
- Amperage Rating: 35 Amps max @ 12V continuous duty
- Input Voltage Range: 9.5 ~ 17.0 V
- Low Voltage Disconnect: 10.6, 10.8, 11.0, 11.2, 11.4, 11.6, 11.8, 12.0, 12.1, 12.2V (selectable)
- Reconnect Voltage: 12.8V or more
- Low Standby Current Draw: 4mA in standby mode, 94 mA normal operation mode
- Compact Size: 3½"L x 2"W x 1½"H
- Weight: 0.5 lbs. (229 grams)
- Compact Construction: Potted water proof design can be mounted inside an engine compartment.
- LED Status Indicators:
- Solid Green LED light = Power passing through – Normal operation
- Flashing Green LED light = Low Voltage Battery Disconnect Delay (20 seconds)
- Flashing Red LED light = Timer has expired, load is OFF
- Slow Flashing Red LED = LVD condition, load is Disconnected
- Solid Red LED light = Overvoltage Condition (16.5V or more)
- Connections: +/- Power IN from Battery. +/- Power OUT to electronics (no ignition wire required). Emergency Override Switch.
|Ignition Voltage Sensing Timer||Yes||Yes||No|
|Selectable Timer Settings||2, 15 or 30m, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 12h|| 2, 15 or 30m, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12h||N/A|
|Low Voltage Disconnect||No||Yes||Yes|
|Selectable LVD Settings||N/A||11.0, 11.4 VDC||10.6, 10.8, 11.0, 11.2, 11.4, 11.6, 11.8, 12.0, 12.1, 12.2 VDC|
|Maximum Amperage Rating||25A||35A||35A|
|Over Voltage Protection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency Override Switch||Yes||Yes||Yes|