What's new in version 1.12?
- Resolved the issue that Wide band set up was missing in the radio menu.
- Resolved the issue that RX display is incorrect when set up the talker alias.
- Resolved the issue that BT PTT battery voltage show on D878UV PLUS screen is incorrect.
- Resolved the issue that BT PTT disconnect once D878UV PLUS is reboot.
What's new in version 1.10?
- Add new menu item in radio Menu -> GPS -> Start Test or CPS -> Optional Setting -> Power On -> Starup GPS Test. With both the Start Test and GPS function are ON, when power on radio, it will enter into GPS test mode first and stay 1 minute at GPS test mode before it goes into normal mode. This function may improve the GPS lock speed. Either Start Test or GPS is OFF, the radio will start up at the normal mode.
- Change the color of roaming icon, red means the roaming is failed, green means the roaming is successful.
- Add the Analog APRS Signal Path in the Radio Menu - APRS.
- In CPS -> Channel, add a function "Exclude channel from roaming", when this function is on, the roaming function is invalid in this channel.
- Add ON/OFF for date time display.
- Revise the auto power off, when there is a signal come in or user press PTT key, the auto power off count time will be cleared and re-count.
- Resolve the issue that the backlight is not off in set time when RX analog signal.
- Add the "repeater check interval" and "times of repeat reconnections" in the radio menu - Roaming.
- In CPS -> Optional Setting -> Auto repeater -> Repeater out of range reminder (times), it will allow the user set up the reminder times for the "Repeater out of range" to show on screen.
What's new in version 1.09?
- Change the TG to red color when the roaming is successful.
- Resolved the issue that the Radio will re-start when in radio check
- Resolved the issue that when install the CPS at C:/Program Files(X86), the Firmware Upgrade can not run well.
- Resolved the issue that Export Data Conversion File doesn’t work if there are 2 Radio ID.
- Allow the CPS to open DCF file.
Do I need to update my firmware?
Anytone radios generally ship with the latest firmware version installed. You can determine your current AT-D878UV firmware version by pressing the softkey on your radio under the menu icon, then selecting Settings then Device Info and then scroll down to Firmware Ver. If the version displayed is less than 1.12, please continue with the firmware update instructions below.
Backup your current codeplug
Updating the firmware on your Anytone AT-D878UV will erase your radio's current programming. To create a backup using the programming software, read from your radio and then save this file to your desktop or temporary folder.
Firmware update procedure
- Install the updated Anytone AT-D878UV Programming Software v1.12 if you have not already done so
- Install the Anytone AT-D878UV USB cable driver if you have not already done so. Select x86 for 32-bit systems, select x64 for 64-bit systems.
- Download the Anytone AT-D878UV Firmware v1.12. Extract the files located in this zip file to your desktop or a temporary folder.
- Launch the Anytone CPS Programming Software from the desktop shortcut.
- In the CPS, select from the menu Tool -> Firmware Upgrade.
- In the Firmware Update window, click Open Update File. Navigate to your extracted firmware zip temporary folder and locate the file D878UV_V1.12_2019-04-30.spi.
- Connect the Anytone USB programming cable to both your radio and computer
- Plug the radio end of the programming cable into the radio. With the radio powered off press and hold at the same time the PTT button and the top blue accessory button and turn the radio on. Wait 3 seconds and release the buttons while leaving the radio in the on position. You will get a blank display screen. The top LED will flash now you are in firmware update mode.
- On the CPS Firmware Updater confirm your computer COM port is correct.
- Click Write to begin installing the latest firmware.
- Once the firmware update is complete, the radio will reboot.
- Important: After the firmware is written successfully, you will need to initialize the radio.
- Turn the radio off
- Hold down the PTT and PF1 button and at the same time, turn the radio on.
- The radio will display the message "Are you sure you want to Initialize radio?". Select Confirm (the green bar key). Please wait.
- After the radio restarts, you will have the option to set the date and time. You may optionally set the date using the Up, Down and P1 keys. When GPS is enabled, it will display the correct time and date automatically.