What's new in version 1.09?
- Change the TG to red color when the roaming is successful.
- Resolved the issue that the Radio will re-start when in radio check
- Resolved the issue that when install the CPS at C:/Program Files(X86), the Firmware Upgrade can not run well.
- Resolved the issue that Export Data Conversion File doesn’t work if there are 2 Radio ID.
- Allow the CPS to open DCF file.
What's new in version 1.08?
- Resolved the problem the PF3 not allow for Turo power switch.
- In VFO mode, change the up key to increase the frequency by 1MHz, down key to reduce the frequency by 1MHz.
- Add "Roaming Effect Wait" on roaming menu of radio.
- Move the A or B indication behind the last call.
- Increase the TG display when the roaming is successful.
- CPS - >Tool -> Export Data Conversion File, allow convert the codeplug for Contact Manager use.
- CPS -> Channel -> Analog -> Customs CTCSS, allow customize the CTCSS code.
What's new in version 1.07?
- CPS -> Public -> Optional Setting -> Other -> Roaming Display, it allows set up the roaming return channel to be current channel or the roaming channel.
- CPS -> Public -> Optional Setting -> Key function, add the Mute Timing function, it allows mute the radio at the set time. After it reach the set time, it will return to normal volume. The mute timing can be set in CPS -> Public -> Optional Setting -> Other -> Mute timing
- Allow load the codeplug into radio when the roaming zone is null.
- Resolved the problem that R icon and A icon is mixed in display when radio switch from digital channel into analog channel.
- Add A or B at the end of the Last Caller, it will help to separate the caller is from VFO A or VFO B.
- Resolved the problem that Repeater Out of Range is always on display.
- Resolved the problem when assign the PF3 key to Power Switch function, it can not switch to Turbo power.
Do I need to update my firmware?
Anytone radios generally ship with the latest firmware version installed. You can determine your current AT-D878UV firmware version by pressing the softkey on your radio under the menu icon, then selecting Settings then Device Info and then scroll down to Firmware Ver. If the version displayed is less than 1.09, please continue with the firmware update instructions below.
Backup your current codeplug
Updating the firmware on your Anytone AT-D878UV will erase your radio's current programming. To create a backup using the programming software, read from your radio and then save this file to your desktop or temporary folder.
Firmware update procedure
- Install the updated Anytone AT-D878UV Programming Software v1.09 if you have not already done so
- Install the Anytone AT-D878UV USB cable driver if you have not already done so. Select x86 for 32-bit systems, select x64 for 64-bit systems.
- Download the Anytone AT-D878UV Firmware v1.09. Extract the files located in this zip file to your desktop or a temporary folder.
- Launch the Anytone CPS Programming Software from the desktop shortcut.
- In the CPS, select from the menu Tool -> Firmware Upgrade.
- In the Firmware Update window, click Open Update File. Navigate to your extracted firmware zip temporary folder and locate the file D878UV_V1.09_2018-11-22.spi.
- Connect the Anytone USB programming cable to both your radio and computer
- Plug the radio end of the programming cable into the radio. With the radio powered off press and hold at the same time the PTT button and the top blue accessory button and turn the radio on. Wait 3 seconds and release the buttons while leaving the radio in the on position. You will get a blank display screen. The top LED will flash now you are in firmware update mode.
- On the CPS Firmware Updater confirm your computer COM port is correct.
- Click Write to begin installing the latest firmware.
- Once the firmware update is complete, the radio will reboot.
- Important: After the firmware is written successfully, you will need to initialize the radio.
- Turn the radio off
- Hold down the PTT and PF1 button and at the same time, turn the radio on.
- The radio will display the message "Are you sure you want to Initialize radio?". Select Confirm (the green bar key). Please wait.
- After the radio restarts, you will have the option to set the date and time. You may optionally set the date using the Up, Down and P1 keys. When GPS is enabled, it will display the correct time and date automatically.