What's new in version 1.24?
- Correct the issue that FM radio is unable to off in menu.
- Correct the issue that CPS->APRS -> APRS set APRS auto TX intervals(s) doesn’t match to radio setting.
- CPS->Optional setting ->Display->Date Display Format, allows the user set the date format on display.
- CPS->Optional setting ->Display->Display Channel type, allows the user turn off the channel type on display
- CPS->Optional setting ->Display->Display time slot, allows the user turn off the time slot on display
- CPS->Optional setting ->Display->Display color code, allows the user turn off the color code on display
- CPS-> Optional setting ->Alert Tone, add Ana idle channel tone, the digital channel and analog channel have separated idle channel tone setting.
- CPS->Channel -> Auto scan, tick on the box will allow the radio start scan automatically.
- CPS-> Optional setting ->Volume/Audio, separate mic gain setting for digital channel and analog channel
- CPS-> APRS ->Ana Aprs TX, allows to set wide band or narrow band for analog APRS transmit.
- Add the alert tone setting in radio menu.
- CPS->Analog -> 2Tone Setting-> Auto Reset Time changes to maximum 250S. If you set Auto Reset Time to 25s, it keeps the squelch on carrier until there is 25 secs of silence, then it switches back to waiting for tones. If there is a transmission before the end of that 25 secs, the timer restarts. It is useful for the 2Tone Paging System.
- CPS->Analog -> 5Tone Setting-> Auto Reset Time changes to maximum 250S
- CPS->Analog -> DTMF-> Auto Reset Time changes to maximum 250S
- Digital APRS add Coarse and Speed information.
- Optional Setting ->Other-> Priority Zone A, Priority Zone B change to display the zone name instead of zone number.
- CPS-> APRS-> APRS alt data add "Meters" unit for optional.
What's new in version 1.23?
- Resolve the issue that the talker alias transmit doesn't match to selected Radio ID
- CPS -> Tool -> Options, add Analog APRS RX option, allows user choose whether the Analog APRS RX setting is valid according to the radio version.
- Resolve the issue when sending APRS Beacon it transmits three times instead of once, when transmitting APRS Beacon with PTT it transmits it twice instead of once
What's new in version 1.22?
- CPS -> Public -> APRS -> Analog -> Digipeater Path, allows to input more digipeater paths.
- CPS -> Optional Setting -> Alert Tone -> Key Tone, change to turn off the key tone only. Other beep tones are keeping on.
- CPS -> Optional Setting -> GPS Ranging -> Time Zone change from GMT to UTC
- CPS -> Analog -> 5Tone -> 5Tone decode units, allows to filter the income 5Tone ID. For example, if the setting is 109, the radio will receive all the calls 5Tone ID start with 109.
- Resolve the issue that the channel setting changed in radio doesn’t save in code plug.
- Resolve the issue that Lat set to S and write into radio, it will return to N when read the radio again.
- CPS -> APRS -> AprsDisTime, allows to set the APRS display time on the screen.
- CPS -> APRS -> Aprs Alt Data, allows to set the APRS altitude to fixed beacon use.
Do I need to update my firmware?
Anytone radios generally ship with the latest firmware version installed. You can determine your current AT-D878UV firmware version by pressing the softkey on your radio under the menu icon, then selecting Settings then Device Info and then scroll down to Firmware Ver. If the version displayed is less than 1.24, please continue with the firmware update instructions below.
Backup your current codeplug
Updating the firmware on your Anytone AT-D878UV will erase your radio's current programming. To create a backup using the programming software, read from your radio and then save this file to your desktop or temporary folder.
Updating firmware and/or baseband
- Download the Anytone AT-D878UV Firmware v1.24.
- Extract the files located in this zip file to your desktop or a temporary folder.
- Locate the AnyTone Radio Update Instructions PDF file and follow the detailed update instructions.