What's new in version 1.18?
- Improve the send message issue when both roaming and GPS are on.
- Add a notification in the help section for Group Call hold time setting and Private Call hold time setting in CPS.
- Add "CTCSS/DCS Scan" in key function. Assign a key with "CTCSS/DCS Scan" function, press the key to turn on the function. This function is only valid for the analog channel with CTCSS/DCS setting. With this function ON, when an analog channel with CTCSS setting receive a signal with unmatched CTCSS, the radio will start the CTCSS scan from the data base, once the CTCSS data matches to the received CTCSS, the audio will come out, press PTT to reply the call and save the data, or just press MENU key to save the data, press the EXIT key to exit. Note: When the channel set with CTCSS, it will scan the CTCSS data base. When the channel set with DCS, it will scan the DCS data base. When the channel doesn’t set CTCSS/DCS, the radio will not start CTCSS/DCS scan.
- Change the Digi APRS RX display to callsign instead of channel name display.
- Resolve the issue that radio stuck or reboot when both roaming and GPS are on.
- Allows max TG number 16777215
- Add the "channel name/frequency display switch" to the key function.
- Add STE operations to the radio menu.
- Improve the issue that sometimes radio transmit to wrong TG.
What's new in version 1.16?
- Resolves an issue when the digital contact manually changes in the radio it will not be saved.
- Resolves an issue when the radio doesn't RX after TX when both transmit and receive radios are with digital Monitor ON.
- Resolves an issue when the Talker alias doesn't change when the radio ID changes.
- Resolves an issue when the digital scan is easily interfered.
- Resolves an issue in the CPS that 5 Tone will add E to the code automatically.
- Resolves an issue in the CPS that AES code is incorrect when open the code plug.
What's new in version 1.15?
- Improved the DMR RX audio drop out issue
- Improved BT TX no audio issue
- Make the default Analog APRS callsign APAT81 in radio and in CPS
What's new in version 1.14?
- Increased the auto repeater offset setting in CPS, allows set 2 different offsets in one band
- Increase AES encryption setting in CPS
- Add multi colors settings for the callsign and channel name in CPS
- Allows select different GPS mode in CPS, default is only GPS. Both GPS & BDS ($PCAS04,3) Single only BDS ($PCAS04,2) Single Only GPS ($PCAS04,1)
- Increase the decode time setting for the CTCSS, recommend setting is 250ms for normal use.
What's new in version 1.13?
- Increased to 200,000 digital contacts.
- Add "CTCSS/DCS set" in CPS -> Optional Setting -> Key function, it allows the radio access CTCSS/DCS set promptly.
- Make the TOT beep independently from public setting, the beep is there when TOT function is on.
- Change the "Working Mode" in CPS -> Optional Setting -> Other to match the radio bands, i.e when the radio is at amateur band, the working mode is default at amateur mode.
- Resolved the issue that SSID in APRS doesn't update when a new codeplug is opened.
- Fixed an error, that "auto repeater offset frequency" settings are not being imported.
Do I need to update my firmware?
Anytone radios generally ship with the latest firmware version installed. You can determine your current AT-D878UV firmware version by pressing the softkey on your radio under the menu icon, then selecting Settings then Device Info and then scroll down to Firmware Ver. If the version displayed is less than 1.18, please continue with the firmware update instructions below.
Backup your current codeplug
Updating the firmware on your Anytone AT-D878UV will erase your radio's current programming. To create a backup using the programming software, read from your radio and then save this file to your desktop or temporary folder.
Updating firmware and/or baseband
- Download the Anytone AT-D878UV Firmware v1.18.
- Extract the files located in this zip file to your desktop or a temporary folder.
- Locate the AnyTone Radio Update Instructions PDF file and follow the detailed update instructions.