What's new in version 1.27?
- Set the sub band default OFF when GPS roaming is turned On, to avoid the issue that sub band VFO channel jumps to random channel.
- In CPS -> Optional Setting -> Key function, remove the Monitor and SubPTT from the long key function.
- Resolve the issue that export .dcf file doesn’t work with Contact Manager V270.
What's new in version 1.26?
- Resolve the issue in V1.25 that radio can’t contact Repeater.
- Resolve the issue that Talker Alias setting is not saved in export CSV file.
- CPS->Tool-> Channel Talker Alias Operation, allows you check or uncheck all Talker Alias in channel.
What's new in version 1.25?
- Allow to select TG and RX group list for the new channel created in radio menu.
- Improve the Single Frequency Repeater unstable problem.
- CPS->APRS->Analog, add 8 groups analog TX frequency. In CPS->Channel->Analog APRS Report Freq, allows select a TX frequency to transmit the analog APRS.
- CPS->Common Setting->Channel ->DMR Mode, add "DCDM TS Split" mode. In this mode, the radio receives on the selected slot in channel, but in transmission it will use the other slot. This configuration is only in use when the radio talks through a D578UV in repeater mode with fixed slot.
- CPS->Common Setting ->GPS Roaming, allow user set a list of GPS locations, when GPS positioning is within the preset radiation radius of coordinates, the radio will switch to the corresponding zone. CPS->Common Setting-> Optional Setting ->GPS/Ranging -> GPS Roaming should be set ON to enable this function(make sure the GPS should be ON first).
- CPS->Common Setting ->Zone -> Zone hide, add Zone Hide function in the Zone menu, it allows user to hide some zone when they don’t need it on display. Since the Zone Hide is new inserted item, it may be checked automatically when open an existing codeplug. CPS->Tool-> Zone Hide Operation, allows you check or uncheck all Zone Hide.
- Add APRS SMS function in the radio menu, allows the radio to receive and transmit APRS message. (Valid only when install the optional BT+APRS board) Sending APRS Text from one AnyTone radio to another that has the APRS Rx feature. Go to the radio Menu –> APRS –> APRS SMS where you can add a text message using the microphone keys, use the # key to switch from alpha to numbers, etc. After entering your text, confirm it with the Menu button to get to the next Call Sign / SSID entry screen. Enter the Call Sign and SSID dash number for the user you want to send the message to; use the # key to switch from alpha to numbers, etc. When you confirm the Call Sign the APRS test message will send. NOTE: APRS SMS TX setting is using the CPS->APRS-> Analog setting, so the received channel should have the matched frequency setting/CTCSS setting/band width to the TX radio's APRS setting, and have the APRS RX turned on.
- CPS->Common Setting ->Optional Setting->Key Function, add "Ana APRS Info", for fast accessing the received APRS information. (Valid only when install the optional BT+APRS board)
- CPS->Common Setting ->Channel -> Send Talker Alias, make the Talker Alias to be private setting for each channel, instead of public setting for all channels.
- CPS->Tool -> APRS information Manager, allows the CPS to read the received APRS message from radio and export. (Valid only when install the optional BT+APRS board)
- Add "Draft" in the Messages menu, unsuccessful SMS is saved in draft and can be resent.
- Add time zone GMT+5:30(India), GMT+5:45 (Nepal), GMT+4:30 (Afghanistan), GMT+3:30(Iran) GMT-3:30 (Newfoundland, Canada), GMT+8:30 (Eucla)
- Change the APRS message to be a lower priority than menu, the radio will not be kicked out of radio menu when receive the APRS message.
- Correct the reverb/echo sound issue when transmit analog in the A+D channel.
Do I need to update my firmware?
Anytone radios generally ship with the latest firmware version installed. You can determine your current AT-D878UV firmware version by pressing the softkey on your radio under the menu icon, then selecting Settings then Device Info and then scroll down to Firmware Ver. If the version displayed is less than 1.27, please continue with the firmware update instructions below.
Backup your current codeplug
Updating the firmware on your Anytone AT-D878UV will erase your radio's current programming. To create a backup using the programming software, read from your radio and then save this file to your desktop or temporary folder.
Updating firmware and/or baseband
- Download the Anytone AT-D878UV Firmware v1.27.
- Extract the files located in this zip file to your desktop or a temporary folder.
- Locate the AnyTone Radio Update Instructions PDF file and follow the detailed update instructions.