What's new in version 1.22?
- CPS -> Public -> APRS -> Analog -> Digipeater Path, allows to input more digipeater paths.
- CPS -> Optional Setting -> Alert Tone -> Key Tone, change to turn off the key tone only. Other beep tones are keeping on.
- CPS -> Optional Setting -> GPS Ranging -> Time Zone change from GMT to UTC
- CPS -> Analog -> 5Tone -> 5Tone decode units, allows to filter the income 5Tone ID. For example, if the setting is 109, the radio will receive all the calls 5Tone ID start with 109.
- Resolve the issue that the channel setting changed in radio doesn’t save in code plug.
- Resolve the issue that Lat set to S and write into radio, it will return to N when read the radio again.
- CPS -> APRS -> AprsDisTime, allows to set the APRS display time on the screen.
- CPS -> APRS -> Aprs Alt Data, allows to set the APRS altitude to fixed beacon use.
What's new in version 1.21?
- Improve the firmware issue that manual dial TG TX in simplex channel doesn’t show busy when the radio is receiving. Simplex Channel for a Hotspot TX Permit = Channel free or Different CC Manual dial a TG When you PTT when the radio is receiving someone the Radio does not show Busy It just lets you TX into the Hotspot It should see that it is in use and show Busy.
- Improve the CPS issue that channel setting TX permit set to Same Color Code, reopen the channel setting will show Always.
- Improve the CPS issue that "the channel edit menu cannot be moved to show the OK button.""
What's new in version 1.20P?
- Improve the issue that radio will grab a TG when the repeater is in Call Hold Off time.
- Improve the issue that "GPS information doesn’t display with using a programmed "GPS info" key when only analog channels are in use".
- Resolve the issue that "The channels program as "Simplex" and "Dual Slot", save the codeplug or program into radio, the setting will become "Repeater" after re-open the saved codeplug or read from radio."
- Improve the issue that "By receiving Dmr in Simplex and Double Slot mode, several times the demodulated audio of first word is missing".
- CPS -> Channel -> Analog, R5toneBot, R5tone Eot, allows to set different 5Tone PTT ID for each channel.
- Resolve the issue that "By composing a 5 tone using Manual Dial (Book, Manual Dial, typing Input ID and pressing PTT, the "stop code" defined in 5 tone setting is not considered as silence (stop code and stop time) but as a tone".
- When 5Tone -> Beep Tone & Respond are enabled, the radio will respond with itself ID.
- CPS -> Key function, add APRS send to the key function. The radio will transmit the APRS information (longitude, latitude,etc..) to the receiver when user press the "APRS send" key.
- Improve the issue that digital monitor displays wrong time slot.
- Improve the issue that "Keeping the sub band enabled, reception on the Main band is often lost or is very delayed".
- Improve the issue that "After decoding a 5-tone call in repeater mode, the 5-tone response is sent only after the repeater has dropped out".
- Improve the issue that "By configuring the 5 tones selective call for different call types, starting from when the RF carrier is on pushing PTT, the timing of the beginning of 5 tones sequence does not correspond to the summation of pauses configured in 5 tone setting windows in the CPS. Unexpected delay is also present using DTMF and 2 tone"
- CPS -> Channel -> TDMA adaptive rename to Slot suit.
- CPS -> Hot key, add the "Channel Set" hot-key choice that is on the 578, to the 878
- CPS -> Digital -> Talk Groups, allows the entry of talk group numbers maximum 16777215.
What's new in version 1.18?
- Improve the send message issue when both roaming and GPS are on.
- Add a notification in the help section for Group Call hold time setting and Private Call hold time setting in CPS.
- Add "CTCSS/DCS Scan" in key function. Assign a key with "CTCSS/DCS Scan" function, press the key to turn on the function. This function is only valid for the analog channel with CTCSS/DCS setting. With this function ON, when an analog channel with CTCSS setting receive a signal with unmatched CTCSS, the radio will start the CTCSS scan from the data base, once the CTCSS data matches to the received CTCSS, the audio will come out, press PTT to reply the call and save the data, or just press MENU key to save the data, press the EXIT key to exit. Note: When the channel set with CTCSS, it will scan the CTCSS data base. When the channel set with DCS, it will scan the DCS data base. When the channel doesn’t set CTCSS/DCS, the radio will not start CTCSS/DCS scan.
- Change the Digi APRS RX display to callsign instead of channel name display.
- Resolve the issue that radio stuck or reboot when both roaming and GPS are on.
- Allows max TG number 16777215
- Add the "channel name/frequency display switch" to the key function.
- Add STE operations to the radio menu.
- Improve the issue that sometimes radio transmit to wrong TG.
What's new in version 1.16?
- Resolves an issue when the digital contact manually changes in the radio it will not be saved.
- Resolves an issue when the radio doesn't RX after TX when both transmit and receive radios are with digital Monitor ON.
- Resolves an issue when the Talker alias doesn't change when the radio ID changes.
- Resolves an issue when the digital scan is easily interfered.
- Resolves an issue in the CPS that 5 Tone will add E to the code automatically.
- Resolves an issue in the CPS that AES code is incorrect when open the code plug.
What's new in version 1.15?
- Improved the DMR RX audio drop out issue
- Improved BT TX no audio issue
- Make the default Analog APRS callsign APAT81 in radio and in CPS
Do I need to update my firmware?
Anytone radios generally ship with the latest firmware version installed. You can determine your current AT-D878UV firmware version by pressing the softkey on your radio under the menu icon, then selecting Settings then Device Info and then scroll down to Firmware Ver. If the version displayed is less than 1.22, please continue with the firmware update instructions below.
Backup your current codeplug
Updating the firmware on your Anytone AT-D878UV will erase your radio's current programming. To create a backup using the programming software, read from your radio and then save this file to your desktop or temporary folder.
Updating firmware and/or baseband
- Download the Anytone AT-D878UV Firmware v1.22.
- Extract the files located in this zip file to your desktop or a temporary folder.
- Locate the AnyTone Radio Update Instructions PDF file and follow the detailed update instructions.