What's new in version 2.03?
- Set the sub band default OFF when GPS roaming is turned On, to avoid the issue that sub band VFO channel jumps to random channel.
- Add new function in CPS -> APRS -> Analog -> PASS ALL. Set On PASSALL will receive more APRS message, but some are with corrupted data. Default OFF. This command enables the attempt to display corrupted packets when PASSALL is ON. When PASSALL is OFF, packets will be displayed only if the CRC (error checking) is correct.
- Improve the analog APRS receive, with upgrading the APRS firmware to V1.04 for the APRS+BT board.
- Resolve the issue that export .dcf file doesn’t work with Contact Manager V270.
- Improve the issue that radio cracks when SFR repeater is running, requires an upgrade on the SCT to resolve this issue.
- In CPS -> Scan list -> Digi Group Hold Time, Digi Pri hold time, add the hold time setting when receive signal at digital channel during scanning.
What's new in version 2.02?
- Allow to select TG and RX group list for the new channel created in radio menu.
- Improve the Single Frequency Repeater unstable problem.
- Add APRS SMS function in the radio menu, allows the radio to receive and transmit APRS message. Sending APRS Text from one AnyTone radio to another that has the APRS Rx feature. Go to the radio Menu –> APRS –> APRS SMS where you can add a text message using the microphone keys, use the # key to switch from alpha to numbers, etc. After entering your text, confirm it with the Menu button to get to the next Call Sign / SSID entry screen. Enter the Call Sign and SSID dash number for the user you want to send the message to; use the # key to switch from alpha to numbers, etc. When you confirm the Call Sign the APRS test message will send. NOTE: APRS SMS TX setting is using the CPS->APRS-> Analog setting, so the received channel should have the matched frequency setting/CTCSS setting/band width to the TX radio's APRS setting and have the APRS RX turned on.
- Radio Menu ->Settings ->Device Info, add the APRS board version display
- CPS->APRS->Analog, add 8 groups analog TX frequency. In CPS->Channel->Analog APRS Report Freq, allows select a TX frequency to transmit the analog APRS.
- CPS->Common Setting->Channel ->DMR Mode, add "DCDM TS Split" mode. In this mode, the radio receives on the selected slot in channel, but in transmission it will use the other slot. This configuration is only in use when the radio talk through a D578UV in repeater mode with fixed slot.
- CPS->Optional Setting -> Auto repeater, add 3 new functions. These 3 functions are only working when Repeater function set ON. Rep CC Limit: Repeater is not working when the color code doesn’t match. Rep Slot Path A: Repeater will receive at fixed slot on channel A and transmit in the other slot on channel B. Rep Slot Path B: Repeater will receive at fixed slot on channel B and transmit in the other slot on channel A.
- CPS->Common Setting ->GPS Roaming, allow user to set a list of GPS locations, when GPS positioning is within the preset radiation radius of coordinates, the radio will switch to the corresponding zone. 1)Common Setting->Optional Setting ->GPS/Ranging -> GPS set ON.
- Common Setting->Optional Setting ->GPS/Ranging -> GPS Roaming set ON. 3)Common Setting->Optional Setting ->GPS/Ranging -> Distance unit, select Meter or Feet for the radius. 4)Common Setting->GPS Roaming, complete the setting, maximum 16 coordinates can be set with matched zone.
- CPS->Common Setting ->Zone -> Zone hide, add Zone Hide function in the Zone menu, it allows user to hide some zone when they don’t need it on display. Since the Zone Hide is new inserted item, it may be checked automatically when open an existing codeplug. CPS->Tool-> Zone Hide Operation, allows you check or uncheck all Zone Hide.
- CPS->Common Setting ->Optional Setting->Key Function, add "Ana APRS Info", for fast accessing the received APRS information.
- CPS->Common Setting ->Channel -> Send Talker Alias, make the Talker Alias to be private setting for each channel, instead of public setting for all channels.
- CPS->Tool -> APRS information Manager, allows the CPS to read the received APRS message from radio and export.
- Add "Draft" in the Messages menu, unsuccessful SMS is saved in draft and can be resent.
- Add timezone GMT+5:30(India), GMT+5:45 (Nepal), GMT+4:30(Afganistan), GMT+3:30(Iran) GMT-3:30 (Newfoundland, Canada), GMT+8:30 (Eucla)
- Change the APRS message to be a lower priority than menu, the radio will not be kicked out of radio menu when receive the APRS message.
- Correct the analog APRS sending inaccurate altitude (height) issue.
- Correct the corrupted alert tone issue.
- Make the TOT valid for the cross-band repeater function.
- Change the AM frequency to maximum 145MHz (138-145MHz AM is useable, but the spec may not best).
- Radio menu -> APRS -> Ana APRS Info ->APRS Verify, allows you to set the function on or off. The Anytone firmware has error code verification when receive analog APRS information, it helps to display the data correctly. Turn off the error code verification may improve the analog APRS receive.
Do I need to update my firmware?
Anytone radios generally ship with the latest firmware version installed. You can determine your current AT-D578UV Plus firmware version by pressing the softkey on your radio under the menu icon, then selecting Settings then Device Info and then scroll down to Firmware Ver. If the version displayed is less than 2.03N, please continue with the firmware update instructions below.
Backup your current codeplug
Updating the firmware on your Anytone AT-D578UV Plus will erase your radio's current programming. To create a backup using the programming software, read from your radio and then save this file to your desktop or temporary folder.
Updating firmware and/or baseband
- Download the Anytone AT-D578UV Plus Firmware v2.03N.
- Extract the files located in this zip file to your desktop or a temporary folder.
- Locate the AnyTone Radio Update Instructions PDF file and follow the detailed update instructions.