What's new in version 1.11?
- Improve the firmware issue that cross band repeater Analog –> Digital or Analog -> Analog doesn’t transmit the audio.
- Improve the firmware issue that manual dial TG TX in simplex channel doesn’t show busy when the radio is receiving. Simplex Channel for a Hotspot TX Permit = Channel free or Different CC Manual dial a TG When you PTT when the radio is receiving someone the Radio does not show Busy It just lets you TX into the Hotspot It should see that it is in use and show Busy
- Improve the CPS issue that channel setting TX permit set to Same Color Code, reopen the channel setting will show Always.
What's new in version 1.10N?
- Improve the issue that radio will grab a TG when the repeater is in Call Hold Off time.
- Improve the issue that "GPS information doesn’t display with using a programmed GPS info key when only analog channels are in use".
- Improve the issue that "By receiving DMR in Simplex and Double Slot mode, several times the demodulated audio of first word is missing".
- CPS -> Channel -> Analog, R5toneBot, R5tone Eot, allows to set different 5Tone PTT ID for each channel.
- Resolve the issue that "By composing a 5 tone using Manual Dial (Book, Manual Dial, typing Input ID and pressing PTT, the "stop code" defined in 5 tone setting is not considered as silence (stop code and stop time) but as a tone".
- When 5Tone -> Beep Tone & Respond are enabled, the radio will respond with itself ID.
- CPS->Key function, add APRS send to the key function. The radio will transmit the APRS information (longitude, latitude, etc..) to the receiver when user press the "APRS send" key.
- Improve the issue that digital monitor displays wrong time slot.
- Improve the issue that "Keeping the sub band enabled, reception on the Main band is often lost or is very delayed".
- Improve the issue that "After decoding a 5-tone call in repeater mode, the 5-tone response is sent only after the repeater has dropped out".
- Improve the issue that "By configuring the 5 tones selective call for different call types, starting from when the RF carrier is on pushing PTT, the timing of the beginning of 5 tones sequence does not correspond to the summation of pauses configured in 5 tone setting windows in the CPS. Unexpected delay is also present using DTMF and 2 tone"
- CPS->Digital -> Talk Groups, allows the entry of talk group numbers maximum 16777215.
- When viewing Last Heard contact, Options selection is not available, like it is on the 878. Add the Options selection to D578.
What's new in version 1.08?
- Allows the radio send APRS in the hold time.
- Improve the issue that radio gets stuck when both APRS and Roaming are ON.
- Improve the issue that SMS format is incorrect when CPS reads the data from radio.
- Set SMS default to M-SMS.
- Allows to set multiple signal paths for APRS and separate by comma.
- Improve the issue that DMR mode is incorrect when CPS reads the data from radio.
- Release the APP for Android mobile phone use.
Do I need to update my firmware?
Anytone radios generally ship with the latest firmware version installed. You can determine your current AT-D578UV firmware version by pressing the softkey on your radio under the menu icon, then selecting Settings then Device Info and then scroll down to Firmware Ver. If the version displayed is less than 1.11, please continue with the firmware update instructions below.
Backup your current codeplug
Updating the firmware on your Anytone AT-D578UV will erase your radio's current programming. To create a backup using the programming software, read from your radio and then save this file to your desktop or temporary folder.
Updating firmware and/or baseband
- Download the Anytone AT-D878UV Firmware v1.11.
- Extract the files located in this zip file to your desktop or a temporary folder.
- Locate the AnyTone Radio Update Instructions PDF file and follow the detailed update instructions.