- User adjustable shut down delay: 2, 15 or 30 minutes and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 12 hours.
- Rugged, water proof construction. Easily installed in engine compartments or high vibration environments.
- Low voltage disconnect: Automatically shuts off at selectable LVD value.
- Super low standby current draw of 4 mAh will not drain your battery.
- Smart! No ignition wire is required.
- Overvoltage protection: Automatically shuts off at 16V with Auto reset.
What it Does and How it Works
The voltage sensing ITS-12 is an automatic switch designed for 12 volt vehicle electrical systems with negative ground. The model ITS-12 is rated at 35 amps continuous duty. Using the 10 position rotary switch, you can select one of the following timer settings of: 2, 15 or 30 minutes and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 & 12 hours. In addition, each setting also includes a LVD (Low Voltage Disconnect) threshold as well. See table on right.
Two built-in LED lights show the current status. When the engine is running, a solid GREEN LED light means the timer is passing power through the unit (13.0~14.5V). When the vehicles engine is shut off, a voltage drop will occur and a slow FLASHING GREEN LED light is displayed and turns ON the timer (12.6V or less). A red flashing LED light will display when its output power to your electronics reaches the users preset timer setting (2 minutes to 12 hours). No ignition connection is required.
The ITS-12 is ideal for use with mobile installations including radios, mobile computers, video cameras, etc.
The ITS-12 should be installed in between the vehicle battery and the DC load. Typically, the load is a two-way mobile radio, mobile computer and other vehicle DC electronics. Standard installation involves installing the ITS-12 in between the battery and the DC feed side of the radio using the supplied ring terminals. When installing the ITS-12, you need to connect (positive and negative DC power IN & positive and negative DC power OUT). No ignition connection is required. This model can be installed inside of the vehicle or engine compartment as these units are waterproof.
Rotary Switch Settings
User selectable timer settings can be adjusted to one of the following settings (2, 15 or 30 minutes and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 12 hours). User selectable LVD setting can be adjusted to one of the following settings (11.0, 11.4 VDC).
Emergency Override Switch
An extra ring terminal position (AUX) is located next to the LED lights. By momentary applying 12V to this terminal (with a user supplied switch) it will automatically override and energize the timed out timer and give you an additional 15 minutes of use for emergency operation.
Over Voltage Protection
Over Voltage Protection is included in the ITS-12 unit. Should the ITS-12 ever receive a voltage of 16 volts or higher, the unit will automatically shut off protecting the electronics connected on the load side of your ITS-12. Once the voltage drops to 15.9 volts or less the ITS-12 will turn back ON.
- Amperage Rating: 35 Amps max @ 12V continuous duty
- Low Standby Current Draw: 4mA in standby mode, 100 mA normal operation mode
- Compact Size: 3½"L x 2"W x 1½"H
- Weight: 0.5 lbs. (229 grams)
- Construction: Potted water proof design. Can be mounted inside an engine compartment.
- LED Status Indicators:
- Solid Green LED light = Timer OFF power passing through
- Flashing Green LED light = Timer ON
- Flashing Red LED light = Timer has expired, load is OFF
- Slow Flashing Red LED = LVD Condition
- Solid Red LED light = Overvoltage Condition
- Connections: +/- Power IN from Battery. +/- Power OUT to electronics (no ignition wire required). Emergency Override Switch.
|Ignition Voltage Sensing Timer||Yes||Yes||No|
|Selectable Timer Settings||2, 15 or 30m, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 12h|| 2, 15 or 30m, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12h||N/A|
|Low Voltage Disconnect||No||Yes||Yes|
|Selectable LVD Settings||N/A||11.0, 11.4 VDC||10.6, 10.8, 11.0, 11.2, 11.4, 11.6, 11.8, 12.0, 12.1, 12.2 VDC|
|Maximum Amperage Rating||25A||35A||35A|
|Over Voltage Protection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency Override Switch||Yes||Yes||Yes|